I love grilling and now that the summer is here – I’m looking forward to spending more time outdoors cooking and grilling! My husband loves corn and one of his favorites is grilled corn on the cob. He also loves southwest flavors, especially chipotle, so I created a Chipotle Lime Butter to go with a grilled corn on the cob. As usual – it was a tremendous hit and it’s now the only way I make corn on the cob. The flavors are present, but subtle and if you like spicy, you could always sprinkle some more Chipotle Chili Powder on the corn once its done.
The butter is also versatile in that you could use it over fish or chicken and bake it in the oven with some delicious flavor as well. This is a basic recipe, but a favorite among my family!
Chipotle Lime Buttered Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 large corn on the cob
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 tsp. Chipotle Chili Powder
2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
1/4 tsp. Granulated Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Granulated Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces aluminum foil
1) Combine chili powder, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper with the softened butter. Mix well.
2) Spread the butter mixture on each cob of corn and wrap individually in aluminum foil making sure to wrap it so the butter doesn’t leak out.
3) Grill for about 15-20 minutes over medium-high heat turning occasionally until corn is cooked through.
4) Remove from heat and allow to steam in foil for another 10 minutes.
5) Unwrap and if desired, sprinkle with additional chipotle chili powder for added spice.