You’ve probably been wondering where I’ve been? I haven’t posted anything recently, mainly because I’ve just been ridiculously busy!! Last weekend was my birthday and my wonderful husband and I spent the weekend on the Las Vegas Strip celebrating! Now, it’s back to reality… and cooking!!!
I had found this recipe a while ago and it’s been a long time since I last made it. So, it was a nice, sweet & tangy dish. The sweetness of the honey and the spicy tanginess of the mustard are a great combination! Add a little more honey if you prefer it a little more sweet or a bit more mustard for that extra kick! Either way – it’s delicious and changing the ingredients up a bit, helps make the dish your own.
Honey Mustard Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard (I recommend Grey Poupon)
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. dried Basil
1 tsp. dried Parsley
Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.
3) In an oven-safe baking dish, arrange the seasoned chicken breasts.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the honey, Dijon mustard, paprika, basil, and parsley. Whisk together/mix well. Pour over the seasoned chicken breasts.
5) Cover with aluminum foil and bake until chicken is cooked through about 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com