Can you believe it’s October already?? I can’t believe Halloween is just a couple of weeks away and the holidays are right around the corner! I absolutely love this time of year! The evenings are absolutely beautiful here in Vegas and Rob and I have been enjoying some time outside in our backyard relaxing.
With the holidays approaching, I’m busy putting together delicious menus and dessert ideas for our many holiday gatherings. I love making homemade candies and confections at Christmastime. Friends and family can always count on a batch of my homemade Peppermint Bark. Then I found another recipe for white chocolate bark with some nuts and dried fruit. How perfect for Fall and Thanksgiving! Some tweaks to make it my own and I now have Harvest Bark! I never thought to make anything similar for Halloween. Thanks to Pinterest, I found a Halloween Bark recipe and decided to give it a try.
I made it on a whim last weekend for my nephew’s birthday party. I put it on the dessert table and figured I’d be bringing it into work on Monday. IT WAS GONE!!!! Apparently, it was a tremendous hit and definitely something to add to my holiday dessert menu from now on! So thank you, Pinterest, for another great idea!
2 lbs. white chocolate
1 pkg. Oreo cookies broken up into pieces (about 30 cookies) (preferably Halloween Oreos – but I couldn’t find them, so I just used regular ones!)
3 cups salted pretzels, broken up into pieces
2 cups candy corn
1) Melt white chocolate in a double boiler until smooth.
2) While chocolate is melting, combine oreos, pretzels, and candy corn in a large bowl. Mix well.
3) Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper to prevent the candy from sticking.
4) Add mot of the cookie/pretzel/candy mixture to the white chocolate. Mix well.
5) Pour onto lined cookie sheet and spread evenly. Top with remaining dry mixture and press into white chocolate.
6) Refrigerate until set and break up into small pieces. Serve & enjoy!
7) Store in an air-tight container.
Recipe adapted from Pinterest.