I’ve made different types of barks for the holidays – Peppermint Bark, Harvest Bark, Halloween Bark, etc. and I love it, but I haven’t found anything for the Spring or Summer. I happened to find Easter Candy Corn at a local craft store and thought it would be perfect for a Springtime Bark. I also thought the vanilla flavored Oreo cookies would be perfect to give it that cookie crunch, but still keep the colors light and perfect for Spring.
What I like about the different barks I make (other than the peppermint) is the sweet and salty combination. The added crunch and saltiness of the pretzels along with the sweetness of the white chocolate is just divine! Here’s another perfect treat for Easter and Springtime!
14 Golden (Vanilla) Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
16 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups salted pretzels, broken into pieces
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup candy corn
1) Line a large cookie sheet with wax paper. Spread broken cookies, pretzels, and 3/4 of the candy corn onto the cookie sheet.
2) Place the white chocolate chips and vanilla extract into a double boiler and melt until smooth.
3) Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie mixture coating evenly.
4) Sprinkle remaining candy corn over the white chocolate while it is still melted. Place in refrigerator to set.
5) When set, break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.