The title says it all. There is nothing not to love about this incredible treat! Creamy, crunchy, sweet, salty. There’s something for everyone! Seriously – what is not to love!
I was watching Food Network (duh) and a Trisha Yearwood episode was on. I don’t really watch her show, but the TV was on and I was doing something else and I just didn’t change the channel. Then she started talking about these amazing bars. Peanut butter, chocolate, pretzels – wow what an awesome combination!! I thought I’d give it a try and they, of course, were a huge hit!
This is a simple recipe – no baking involved! It reminds me a lot of Reese’s peanut butter cups – only a little more crunchy and salty because of the added pretzels. I love them. They are a perfect treat if you’re looking for something for all of your taste buds to enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Squares
1 1/2 sticks (12 Tbsp.) butter, melted
2 cups pretzel rods, crushed
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup, plus 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter (you can use crunchy if you prefer)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
1) In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, pretzel crumbs, confectioners sugar, and 1 cup of the peanut butter. Stir together until well combined.
2) Press the mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
3) Combine the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl (or over a double boiler). Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and smooth. Mix well.
4) Pour over the peanut butter-pretzel layer and lightly smooth.
5) Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting into squares.
Recipe courtesy of Trisha Yearwood